Sunday, January 08, 2006

Robert Atack - The man behind www.oilcrash.com


Robert Atack first came into my life when I noticed his website sign www.oilcrash.com attached to a street post. It was easy enough to remember. I was intrigued with what the web was saying and decided that I wanted engage in the debate. I discovered the man behind this web-site was a builder with a ferocious appetite for sharing his knowledge about Peak Oil, the energy issue.

It took some time for us to meet in person as we both used e-mail to good effect. Then there was a telephone conversation that seemed quite adequate. Finally a meeting took place but it seemed totally un-necessary. With his number 1 haircut and flashing eyes, I could see why his reputation had proceeded him. Today he has grown his hair and has a softer look which is more in keeping with his personality. Robert loves animals (while he is at my place he mentions he must return to give his cat an injection of insulin) and is kind to children but has none of his own (he changed his second name by deed poll to " Thank you for not breeding", and he was quick to show me his drivers license when we first met).

Robert has by his own admission trod the road less travelled and has had his share of confrontations with individuals and groups holding views contrary to his strongly held views about the future of this planet without the abundance of cheap oil. I believe that he is one of the few people able to give an open and honest picture of what we face with the coming energy crisis. He has spent a large amount of his own money and time attempting to educate people about this extremely important issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home